[Mailman-Users] mmsitepass: Password change failed

Kresimir Kumericki kkumer at phy.hr
Mon Feb 5 00:52:35 CET 2001

  I just installed mailman 2.0.1 (on FreeBSD 4.2 with Python 2.0) and
everything seems to be working fine apart from one thing:  If I try to
set site administrator password with mmsitepass, as advised in INSTALL,
I get the message "Password change failed". Funny thing is that file
data/adm.pw gets created nevertheless with something that looks like a
regular encrypted password. But it is nonfunctional.  Now, I could live
without administrator password but I have worries that this indicates
that something is wrong with my mailman setup security-wise. I would be
grateful for any ideas and suggestions.
Kresimir

--
Kresimir Kumericki    kkumer at phy.hr    http://www.phy.hr/~kkumer/