[Mailman-Users] Modifying the List-* headers

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Mon Dec 31 04:21:10 CET 2001

On Sun, 30 Dec 2001 07:39:37 -0500
David Chin <dwchin at umich.edu> wrote:

> Is there a way to modify the List-* headers that go out with each
> message? I'd like to have it so that the mailto: URI comes before
> the http: URI, since it sux to have a browser come up when all you
> need to do is send a message to listname-unsubscribe or whatnot.

Without modifying the source, no (not that this wouldn't be a Good
Thing).

Note: that the order and precedence with which an agent handles
multiple alternate values in the List-Header is up to the agent in
question.  Its quite reasonable _as_well_for agents to be
configurable as to which they prick and vive precedence to.

--
J C Lawrence