[Mailman-Users] Postfix

Dan Wilder dan at ssc.com
Sun Dec 30 08:10:15 CET 2001

What possible relationship would there be between Postfix and Front
Page Extensions???!!!???

Aside from the usual problems entailed in converting from one MTA to
another (i.e., learning how to port any local peculiarities in setup
and config from sendmail to Postfix), I for one would not forsee
any peculiarities.  1000 recipients should be well within reach of default
configuration with Postfix.

One caveat: if the box is really limited and you are relying on it to
deliver other mail in a timely manner, you may see delays of other mail,
especially if very many list recipients require multiple attempts before
delivery is successful.

On Sat, Dec 29, 2001 at 09:01:04AM -0600, mel wrote:
> Ok Mailmanners; I have one server that is running 14 list and these list are
> getting bigger by the hour. This is a physically hosted box and is a bit shy
> on horsepower. Currently running sendmail 8.10 and I can already foresee
> problems when the list reach the 1000 mark. I am considering Postfix, but this
> box has Front Page extensions installed. Has anyone else attemped such a deal
> and what are
> the problems I am looking at.
> 									Mel
> --

 Dan Wilder <dan at ssc.com>   Technical Manager & Editor
 SSC, Inc. P.O. Box 55549   Phone:  206-782-8808
 Seattle, WA  98155-0549    URL http://embedded.linuxjournal.com/