[Mailman-Users] Problems with undeliverable mail

Michelle Brownsworth michelle at primelogic.com
Sun Dec 30 04:46:02 CET 2001

>On Thu, 27 Dec 2001 14:06:53 -0800
>Michelle Brownsworth <michelle at primelogic.com> wrote:
>
>>  My mailhost is chugging away, trying over and over to deliver to a
>>  large batch of addresses with a .gov domain that doesn't resolve;
>>  this particular .gov nameserver is obviously having problems.  And
>>  it's not from the sendmail's mail queue; /var/spool/mqueue/ is
>>  completely empty.  It's Mailman reattempting to send to the
>>  problem addresses.
>
>Configure your MTA to not do DNS verifies on deliveries from
>localhost.
>
>--
>J C Lawrence
>---------(*)                Satan, oscillate my metallic sonatas.
>claw at kanga.nu               He lived as a devil, eh?
>http://www.kanga.nu/~claw/  Evil is a name of a foeman, as I live.

But since none of the subscribers are local, I don't see how that
will help in this situation.  And as I said, the batch of reattempts
didn't seem to be coming from sendmail's mail queue.  The only
explanation is that Mailman must have a means of keeping track of
failed deliveries.

.\\ichelle
Michelle Brownsworth
System Administrator