[Mailman-Users] Re:Re:Re:Re:- I'm drowning in Re's

Matthew Easton matthew at sublunar.com
Wed Dec 26 09:26:28 CET 2001

This might be a feature request.

I've got Mailman 2.0.8 with sendmail on RedHat 7.2. It's a test box
on a private network.

My subject headers get longer and longer with each post and reply.
Like this:

Subject: [Mynewtest] Re: [Mynewtest] Re: [Mynewtest] Re: [Mynewtest]
Yet another fascinating post

Annoying if you have extended conversations.  It's not clear to me
whether this is a problem with my mail client ( I'm testing with
squirrelmail, an open source webmail app.) or with my Mailman
configuration.

Regardless of the source, I think it would be useful if Mailman were
able to automatically trim the superfluous "Re: [Mytest]" repetitions.
Anyone come up against this and can give me a clue?

Thank you.
--
Matthew Easton
Sublunar Networks