[Mailman-Users] Automatic removal of boced users

Pavel Stulik pavel at papillon.ntu.edu.au
Mon Dec 24 04:33:42 CET 2001

Hello,

could you please help me to solve this problem.
I am running Mailman 2.0.3 on RedHat using postfix-20010202-4.
Everything works fine but if I set up a few bogus users, they are not
automaticaly removed when email bounces. They are even in config.db.
After running ~mailman/bin/dumpdb ./config.db, I can find in output:
'bounce_info': {    'tdgfg at fgetryg.hgj': [1009155062.41, 49.0, 56.0],
                       'ytrj at htrj.jfl': [1009155000.4, 49.0, 56.0]},

Bounce configuration is set up as follows:

## Bounce options
#
# Policies regarding systematic processing of bounce messages, to help
# automate recognition and handling of defunct addresses.

# Try to figure out error messages automatically?
#
# legal values are:
#    0 = "No"
#    1 = "Yes"
bounce_processing = 1

# Minimum number of days an address has been non-fatally bad before we
# take action
minimum_removal_date = 1

# Minimum number of posts to the list since members first bounce before
# we consider removing them from the list
minimum_post_count_before_bounce_action = 1

# Maximum number of messages your list gets in an hour.  (Yes, bounce
# detection finds this info useful)
max_posts_between_bounces = 5

# Action when critical or excessive bounces are detected.
#
# legal values are:
#    0 = "Do nothing"
#    1 = "Disable and notify me"
#    2 = "Disable and DON'T notify me"
#    3 = "Remove and notify me"
automatic_bounce_action = 3

I would expect that bouncing users should be removed immediatelly, or
should I wait 5 days?

Thank for your help.

Pavel

Pavel Stulik