[Mailman-Users] qfiles building up + (111, 'Connection refused')

Jon Carnes jonc at haht.com
Wed Dec 19 16:53:34 CET 2001

qfiles building up + (111, 'Connection refused')Check out /etc/mail/access
and make sure that you have entries similar to the following in there for
"localhost":
  localhost.localdomain           RELAY
  localhost                       RELAY
  127.0.0.1                       RELAY

===
if not, add the entries and do a 'make' in that directory.

Also, check out your /etc/sendmail.cf file for the following line (or
similar line):
  # file containing names of hosts for which we receive email
  Fw/etc/sendmail.cw

Then check the file /etc/sendmail.cw . Put any aliases for your machine name
in there.
Note: most modern sendmail distributions but this file in /etc/mail/..., but
I'm an old fart so I still use the "old" ways.

Here is an example from my file:
  haht.com
  mailhost.haht.com
  mailhost.dev.haht.com
  mailhost.support.haht.com
  mailhost.marketing.haht.com
  mailhost.esg.haht.com
  mailhost.srvr.haht.com
  mercury.dev.haht.com
  mercury.srvr.haht.com
  hahtsite.com
  hahtcommerce.com

Sendmail will accept mail from any of these domains as being local to this
server.

HtH's, Jon Carnes