[Mailman-Users] mailman + courier

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Wed Dec 19 03:58:35 CET 2001

I don't run courier with Mailman, but the problem seems common enough.
Check your log files both for courier and Mailman (~mailman/logs/...)

The most common problem is getting the wrapper to run properly with your
MTA (courier in your case).  What group ID does your courier install run
as?  Part of mailman's install needs to know the GID so that when courier
calls the wrapper program it allows it to be run.

As a security measure, only processes with the GID of the MTA can run
mailman's wrapper program.

Jon Carnes