[Mailman-Users] similar problem...

Richard Barrett R.Barrett at ftel.co.uk
Mon Dec 17 19:06:36 CET 2001

At 11:01 17/12/2001 -0600, Alex Sammons wrote:

>Well, in fact i have a similar problem, i have a
>mailing list where just the subscribers be allow to
>post (all of them are user1 at mail.com,
>user2 at mail.com,user3 at mail.com... except one user
>included in the list usern at mylist.mail.com who can´t
>post and his posters are send to the administrator to
>be approval of course i don´t want to receive those
>messages, i want to that user could post without that
>filter....what can i do?????
>
>Thanks!!!!

You do not say what how you are applying your posting restrictions for the
list or indicate why you think this single user's posts are going via the
admin.

Assuming you are using MM 2.0.X

Set moderated to No, member_posting_only to Yes and leave the posters field
empty on the Privacy Options page of the list admin web GUI for the list
concerned. This should let all the list's members post to the list without
going via the admin, regardless of the domains of their e-mail addresses.
Non-subscriber postings to the list will go to the admin as will any others
qualified by your Spam-specific filters etc.