[Mailman-Users] Mailman newbie trouble

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at urgent.rug.ac.be
Fri Dec 14 20:38:41 CET 2001

Hi,

I installed mailman 2.0.8, not for use as a discussion list, but as an
announcement lists.

The server runs Linux with qmail. My problem is simple: mailman doesn't
queue messages to qmail that are supposed to be delivered to other
domains.

So, let's consider my server, called morse, fullname morse.mydomain.org,
and some more background information.
It accepts mail for the domain mydomain.org and forwards it to another
mailserver (einstein.mydomain.org) where users locally read their mail.
It also sends mail on behalf of those users.

Now, when I accept my message for posting to this list, the post gets
delivered to all the users of mydomain.org, but none get delivered to
users of other (external) domains.  I don't think qmail is to blame
because qmail isn't even receiving the mails to send on.
To make sure, I have tried sending outbound mail from the mailman account
(using pine) and that works.  The logs of mailman also show that mails
bounce, but not why.

Now my question is :
* how can I gather more debug output to know what is going on ?
* does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this ?

I've been trying things all day but I can't get any further...

Thanks,
Thomas

I work all day and I won't fight
when it feels right then it's wrong