[Mailman-Users] postfix with mailman : can't reply mail to mailman?

Dan Wilder dan at ssc.com
Fri Dec 14 17:17:30 CET 2001

On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 05:17:31PM +0800, doug wrote:
> hello:)
> I've success build postfix and mailman.
>  Postfix seems working good.
> I subscript a mail address to mailman.
> Soon , I got the confirm mail from mailman.
> And I reply the mail , but the "welcome mail " never back to
> the mail address???
> I have not get  ""Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender"" .
> So maybe the problem is in mailman wrappper??
> I've read INSTALL in mailman and reconfigure mailman --with-mail-gid=nobody.

Look at the rest of the bounce.  Does it claim to be from Postfix?
If so, check your Postfix config.  Most likely there's something
amiss in the aliases file, or perhaps you didn't run

  postalias /etc/aliases

after adding the mailman aliases.

The postfix logs also offer important clues.  Postfix uses
the syslog facility, so you may have to look at /etc/syslog.conf
to figure out where the logs go.  Hint: on many unices, take a
look at /var/log/*mail*.

 Dan Wilder <dan at ssc.com>   Technical Manager & Editor
 SSC, Inc. P.O. Box 55549   Phone:  206-782-8808
 Seattle, WA  98155-0549    URL http://embedded.linuxjournal.com/