[Mailman-Users] Doesn't work: ./configure --with-mail-gid=12

Dan Mick dmick at utopia.West.Sun.COM
Thu Dec 13 21:32:07 CET 2001

> When I try to send it commands, I get this bounce message from Sendmail:

> Failure to exec script. WANTED gid 12, GOT gid 2.  (Reconfigure to take
> 2?)
> 554 5.3.0 unknown mailer error 2
>
> I understand what's happening here, but my attempts to fix it are
> failing. In my mailman source directory, I am doing this:
>
> make clean
>  ./configure --with-mail-gid=12

This is *causing* the problem.  The program that issues the message
above is part of mailman, and it wants what you told it it was getting:
gid 12.  However, what it's *getting* is gid 2.

You need to "reconfigure to take 2".

This is FAQ number 1.4, btw, too.

http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=index