[Mailman-Users] sendmail?qmail?or postfix

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Thu Dec 13 03:29:51 CET 2001

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001 09:19:37 +0800
doug  <doug at gate.sinica.edu.tw> wrote:

> should I have to change mail server from sendmail to postfix or
> qmail?  compare postfix with qmail,which one would fit working
> with mailman?  thanks:)

Mailman is MTA agnostic.  There are good reasons to use MTAs other
than Sendmail, mostly for performance reasons (altho this has
significantly improved with recent sendmail releases).  As for which
to choose, that depends on your preferences, local SysAdm talent,
mail loads, and other needs.

The FAQ has some good data on this area.

--
J C Lawrence