[Mailman-Users] maximun size...

Greg Ward gward at mems-exchange.org
Wed Dec 12 18:18:46 CET 2001

On 12 December 2001, Alex Sammons said:
>       What?s the maximum size of the attachments in a
> mailing list or what are the issues it depends????

You can configure the maximum size of a message for each list.  I
believe it defaults to 40 kB.  I don't think there's a hard-coded
maximum to this configurable maximum.  AFAIK there's no way to set the
maximum size of individual attachments; Mailman 2.0 knows nothing about
MIME.

Be nice: don't setup a public mailing list that allows large messages or
attachments.  Keep these sort of things where they belong, in private.

        Greg
Greg Ward - software developer                gward at mems-exchange.org