[Mailman-Users] DEFAULT_HOST_NAME | virtual host | 'Admin Lin ks' domain definition

Abe Scwartz sloween at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 7 16:47:30 CET 2001

>Many of the scripts are prefaced with a big comment; many of them
>have a -h help screen; many of them are surprisingly readable,
>even if you don't read Python.  But I don't know of any manpage
>or HTML documenting them, no.

Thanks for the info. I'll have a look.

> > I'd like to be able to set the "%s" on a per-vhost basis (either
>dynamically
> > via HTTP_HOST or statically in some way). So that when someone visits
> > domain1.com/mailman/admin, the page is branded with domain1.com.
> >
> > So the text at the 'Admin Links' page should read,
> >
> > For http://domain1.com/mailman/admin -
> >
> > "Below is the collection of publicly-advertised mailman mailing lists on
> > domain1.com."
> >
> > For http://domain2.com/mailman/admin -
> >
> > "Below is the collection of publicly-advertised mailman mailing lists on
> > domain2.com."
>
>Sensible; fixed in 2.1, too.

2.1 is still unstable for production use, correct? Is there any patches or
way to emulate this behavior under the 2.0.x series? Or any configuration
suggestions?

Or can this be altered by creating a new config output file with
./config_list, edit the host_name variable, then re-apply the configuration
file to the list?

Thanks again for all the info!