[Mailman-Users] DEFAULT_HOST_NAME | virtual host | 'Admin Lin ks' domain definition

Dan Mick dmick at utopia.West.Sun.COM
Thu Dec 6 23:22:43 CET 2001

> First off, is there any additional documentation for the apps within
> $BASEDIR/bin, like list_move and such?

Many of the scripts are prefaced with a big comment; many of them
have a -h help screen; many of them are surprisingly readable,
even if you don't read Python.  But I don't know of any manpage
or HTML documenting them, no.

> But back to my initial problem -
>
> Within $BASEDIR/Mailman/Cgi/admin.py, the line:
>
> legend = "%s mailing lists - Admin Links" % mm_cfg.DEFAULT_HOST_NAME
>
> I'd like to be able to set the "%s" on a per-vhost basis (either dynamically
> via HTTP_HOST or statically in some way). So that when someone visits
> domain1.com/mailman/admin, the page is branded with domain1.com. View the
> 'Admin Links' page (http://something.com/mailman/admin) to see what I mean.
>
> And likewise, visiting domain2.com/mailman/admin should be branded with
> domain2.com. Can this be accomplished with something like "move_list"?
>
> So the text at the 'Admin Links' page should read,
>
> For http://domain1.com/mailman/admin -
>
> "Below is the collection of publicly-advertised mailman mailing lists on
> domain1.com."
>
> For http://domain2.com/mailman/admin -
>
> "Below is the collection of publicly-advertised mailman mailing lists on
> domain2.com."

Sensible; fixed in 2.1, too.