[Mailman-Users] MM FAQ/Sendmail question...

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Thu Dec 6 18:36:58 CET 2001

On Thu, 6 Dec 2001 10:59:36 -0500
Richard Idalski <ridalski at nandomedia.com> wrote:

> I'm still not seeing any how-to's for this for sendmail, and I'm
> very new to sendmail so if this is a simple configuration cahnge
> I'm overlooking it.

I don't know how to configure Sendmail to not do DNS lookups for
deliveries from localhost.  I also generally recommend against
sendmail as an MTA, especially for list server duty.  However, if
you are committed to running sendmail, Chuq von Rospach posted
details of the required configs to the -developers list (Q2 this
year IIRC) with the comment that enabling them also turned off
various SPAM controls in sendmail.  YMMV.

--
J C Lawrence