[Mailman-Users] online cgi posting

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Thu Dec 6 07:35:38 CET 2001

On Thu, 06 Dec 2001 01:24:00 -0500
bob  <Puff at NLE" <bob at nleaudio.com>> wrote:

> J C Lawrence wrote:
>> ObNote: While useful, this make quoting the original message
>> rather difficult.

> That is true.  The whole deal of being able to quote the original
> message is a bit messy.  Do you make a form on the bottom of each
> and every message, with a text box pre-loaded with the quoted
> message?  If so, you increase the html size of each message to at
> least 2x.  Then the user has to forcefully delete quoted stuff.

You can see exactly what I do in any of the messages archived at
Kanga.Nu (well, for lists run at KN).

An example message posted thru the web interface:

  http://www.kanga.nu/archives/IRead-L/2001Q4/msg00000.php

Hit the Reply link if you'd like to see the interface.

> Another possible way is to use some javascript and have a button
> do this for you.  Any other ideas?

Javascript is something I will not have in any site I have anything
to do with.

--
J C Lawrence