[Mailman-Users] Number of members on each page

Lawrence Weeks dev at anabasis.net
Tue Dec 4 18:24:19 CET 2001

Once upon a time (Fri Nov 30), Shaun Erickson wrote:
> Dan Mick wrote:

>> Didn't even bother to look at bin/withlist, did you?

>> There's a huge example right at the beginning of the script.

> Actually, I did look at it, and perhaps I'm clueless, but it made no
> sense to me, not knowing perl or python, so I asked for help. Thanks
> for your input.

It doesn't appear that this has been answered. Here you go:

	% su
	% cd <mailman installation dir>
	% python -i bin/withlist -l mylist
	>>> m.admin_member_chunksize = 100
	>>> m.Save()
	>>> <press Ctrl-D to exit>
	% exit

You are simply modifying the values in the object representing your
list. To find out what values you can change, what functions there are,
et cetera, look in Mailman/MailList.py.

I tried adding this to the FAQ, but it apparently requires a password
which you get by joining some other web page: 'At the moment, only
PSA members will be told the password. This is a good time to join
the PSA! See the PSA home page.' The provided link goes somewhere
that doesn't mention anything about joining/subscribing, too busy to
look further.

Larry
Lawrence Weeks      "Audaces fortuna juvat."      dev at anabasis.net