[Mailman-Users] ImportError: ld.so.1: /usr/local/bin/python: fatal: libssl.so.0.9.6: open failed: No such file or directory

Jerome Warnier jwarnier at mrbc.irisnet.be
Mon Dec 3 18:32:30 CET 2001

The subject is the error I get every single time a script has to be executed
from Mailman.

On the other side, I don't understand why it needs so much OpenSSL, as I'm not
willing to use it (I'm willing to run Mailman on a private network).

I'm in trouble because I cannot get to recompile nor Python2.1.1 nor OpenSSL on
my Sun Entreprise 10000 running Solaris 8.
It seems "as", packaged with Solaris, doesn't understand some instructions.

I'm not really willing to recompile, but the archive of the mailing-list said
so, so I did before posting.

Anyone knows how to fix my problem?

Thanks