[Mailman-Users] thttpd

Justin Sheehy justin at iago.org
Sat Dec 1 19:20:42 CET 2001

Several months ago I sent mail to mailman-users when I was trying to
figure out how to get Mailman to run under thttpd.

I figured it out fairly quickly, but forgot to post the answer back
here.  I'm doing so now, for the benefit of others who might want to
run Mailman on thttpd.

I copied the cgi-bin directory from Mailman's install directory into a
"mailman" subdirectory of the thttpd data directory.  This could be
done with symlinks, but then you'd have to turn off some of thttpd's
useful security checks.

Then, I added this entry to the thttpd configuration file:

cgipat=/mailman/**

The double-asterisk is important.  Without it, thttpd will not process
CGI requests of the sort that Mailman expects.

That's all.  Mailman has been running flawlessly for me under thttpd
for over four months now.

-Justin