[Mailman-Users] Sendmail and slow sending to large list

sda at cj821843-a.dlcty1.va.home.com sda at cj821843-a.dlcty1.va.home.com
Thu Aug 30 15:35:18 CEST 2001

Kristofer,
Take a look at this http://www.sendmail.org/tips/private-dns/. Your
problem could be the reverse look ups that the server is trying to
do. If you add the machines to the /etc/hosts files and configure the
/etc/nsswitch.conf to do files before dns that should clear up that problem.

The other problem... Let me get this straight. The mailman server is
sitting behind the firewall and the dns server is on the other side? What
is blocking the port? The firewall or the DNS server. can you route the
mail to antohre machine that you can use as a smarthost? Give me a better
idea on the layout of the firewall, dns server and mailman server.

- Scott