[Mailman-Users] Documentation correction

Ricardo F. Kustner ricardo at rixhq.nu
Thu Aug 30 08:05:07 CEST 2001

On Wed, 29 Aug 2001 14:34:56 -0700 (PDT)
"Anthony R. Thompson" <art at sigiltechnologies.com> wrote:

>      On http://www.list.org/install-final.html under web server
> configuration, you recommend:
> ScriptAlias   /mailman/       $prefix/cgi-bin/
> Exec          /mailman/*      $prefix/cgi-bin/*
>      However, I'm using Apache and while the ScriptAlias line worked,
> the Exec line caused an error ("Invalid command 'Exec', perhaps
> mis-spelled or defined by a module not included in the server
> configuration").

You're right that it's incorrect... but it says "The line you should add
might look something like *one of the following*..." The first line is an
example for Apache and the second for another webserver -- I don't know
which.
I do agree that it could have been written more clearly.

--
Regards,

Ricardo