[Mailman-Users] Diff of subscribe.py

Marc Logemann mlogemann at morelogs.de
Wed Aug 29 13:08:28 CEST 2001

Hi,

a few days ago i mentioned a bug in subscribe.py, resulting in wrong
HTML output. There were allways some html lines, which do not come from
the template but from the script/binary itself. The extra lines were also
wrong in terms of HTML compliance.

I modified it, that from now on, the subscribe.py is doing the same way than
listinfo.py, which has no problems regarding templates.

below a diff for subscribe.py in /cgi folder:

35c35
<     doc = Document()
---
>     doc = HeadlessDocument()
40c40
<         print doc.Format(bgcolor="#ffffff")
---
>         print doc.Format()
49c49
<         print doc.Format(bgcolor="#ffffff")
---
>         print doc.Format()
111c111
<             print doc.Format(bgcolor="#ffffff")
---
>             print doc.Format()
121c121
<             print doc.Format(bgcolor="#ffffff")
---
>             print doc.Format()
241c241
<     print doc.Format(bgcolor="#ffffff")
---
>     print doc.Format()

Can we go on with this version? Or are there any drawbacks? From my point of view
this seems to work well for "standard" and "customized" subscription-results
templates.

morelogs  |  Marc Logemann,  chief evangelist
Rellinghauser Str. 332 · D-45136 Essen · Germany
T: +49 201 84 188-177 · F: +49 201 84 188-199
mlogemann at morelogs.de · http://www.morelogs.de