[Mailman-Users] How to tell mailman to log less?

Dave Sherohman esper at sherohman.org
Mon Aug 27 16:28:47 CEST 2001

On Mon, Aug 27, 2001 at 12:32:57AM +0800, Carfield Yim wrote:
> Once I install, it run fine, but it log a lot of message in
> /var/log/message:
> Aug 27 00:09:01 desktop CROND[18500]: (mail) CMD (/usr/bin/python -S
> /var/lib/mailman/cron/qrunner)
>
> How can I tell mailman not to log so much message at /var/log/message?

Mailman isn't generating this log message.  It came from a crond with
process ID 18500.  You may be able to tell your crond to be less
verbose or you may have no way of cutting these messages out other
than modifying your crontabs to invoke qrunner less frequently.

--
With the arrest of Dimitry Sklyarov it has become apparent that it is not
safe for non US software engineers to visit the United States. - Alan Cox