[Mailman-Users] What does this mean?

Enriko Groen enriko.groen at netivity.nl
Wed Aug 22 11:27:38 CEST 2001

Every minute a python script is started from the cron. The so called
qrunner.
This process processes all incoming and outgoing mail for Mailman. To be
sure that only one process is handling the data at a certain time a lockfile
is used.

If another qrunner process is started before the first has ended, you'll see
this error.
It might occur one time, if the qrunner is taking more than a minute to
process the data. However if it keeps popping up every minute, you'll might
find a "dead" mailman/qrunner process on your system.

I had this last monday. Cause: a bad formatted file was used to add members.
When a mail was posted to the list the process hung for a few days (the
server is not that busy).

DISCLAIMER: Everything stated here is the way I think Mailman works...

--
Enriko Groen, Hosting manager
netivity bv   www.netivity.nl   enriko.groen at netivity.nl
038 - 850 1000   van nagellstraat 4      8011 eb  zwolle