[Mailman-Users] server.domain.com problem

Richard Seymour rseymour at anarchysoftware.com
Sat Aug 18 04:37:53 CEST 2001

I installed mailman 2.0.5 on a redhat 6.2 box running sendmail.

The box is named something in the form of server.domain.com. I set up a
list which basically works as far as I can tell, with one problem.

When users reply to a message, instead of the reply going to:

the-list at server.domain.com

...it goes to:

the-list at domain.com

That is, without the server name. Now, domain.com is handled by another
mailing system, so the messages bounce. If the user edits the reply
address to include the server name, all works well.

On the admin page, I have tried answering the "Where are replies to list
messages directed?" question in different ways to resolve the problem --
all to no avail.

Answering "Poster" and replies go to the poster as expected. (If a user
hits "Reply All", it goes to the poster and the wrongly formed list
address.

If I answer the question with "This List", reply goes to the wrongly
formed list address, not the proper one.

And if I answer with "Explicit address" and manually enter the proper
list address, the name of the list in the reply field is still
malformed.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

--
Richard Seymour, Anarchy Software, Inc.
rseymour at anarchysoftware.com

The opinions expressed are those of my employer, not my own.