[Mailman-Users] mailman & exim

Dave Sherohman esper at sherohman.org
Fri Aug 17 23:03:34 CEST 2001

On Fri, Aug 17, 2001 at 04:58:45PM -0400, Greg Ward wrote:
> On 17 August 2001, Dave Sherohman said:
> > You also need to cut-and-paste the list of aliases given to you by
> > newlist into your alias file.
>
> NO!!  That's NOT needed when running Mailman-on-Exim with the fancy
> directors and routers from Nigel Metheringham's HOWTO.  (Also in
> Mailman's README.EXIM I believe.)

Guess I haven't read that howto, then.  For my lists, I do just as I
said:  copy the aliases and add 'user = list' to the aliasfile
directors and It Just Works.  What's the advantage of Nigel's way?

--
With the arrest of Dimitry Sklyarov it has become apparent that it is not
safe for non US software engineers to visit the United States. - Alan Cox