[Mailman-Users] countering SPAM filtering

Bradford Shaw listmgr at perilpoint.com
Fri Aug 17 20:20:13 CEST 2001

Hello,

With the recent spam filtering methods that MSN, Hotmail, Yahoo, AOL, etc.
email services are implementing to filter mailing list mail into bulk
folders or worse, we need to quickly come up with some counter-procedures
to get our customers' opt-in list subscribers receiving their mail again. A
couple things that we would like to implement are:

(1) removing the Precedence: bulk header
     or changing it to something like 'private' or 'registered'

(2) to have the To: header addressed to the receiver
     instead of the list address

How or where would we make these changes?

I tried changing the CookHeaders.py but ended up blowing the delivery away.
I ended up with over 200 X-BeenThere: headers on a test list. I don't know
why that happened but I'm not going to worry about it right now. The most
important thing is to get the filtering problem solved. Can anyone help?

Best wishes,
Bradford "Biff" Shaw
List Administrator
PerilPoint Communications Inc.