[Mailman-Users] DEFAULT_URL ignored?

jacob walcik jwalcik at notwithstanding.org
Thu Aug 16 23:48:51 CEST 2001

specifics:
debian potato (ppc)
python 2.1.1
mailman 2.0.6 (installed from source)
apache 1.3.20

the mailman cgi's seem to be ignoring the DEFAULT_URL directive in some of
the html they're generating.  the listserv functionality is working just
fine, but the web interface seems to be ignoring the DEFAULT_URL directive
i have specified in my mm_cfg.py (i have it set to
http://mailman.iensemble.com/mailman/).  i've yet to find another site
that
has this problem, so i don't know if it's something that has a well known
fix that i've yet to stumble across, or something strange specific to my
setup.

for an example, look here:

there's a link inline with the text that says "the list admin overview
page", this link works just fine, notice the url it links to includes the
/mailman/.

there are also two links for the list's i've created, "Blah" and "Test".
neither of these links work because they don't include the /mailman/ (and
if you look at the HTML source, they're actually relative links with
../../listinfo/blah instead of the full url for the page they're linking
to).

i've tried setting the DEFAULT_URL to the other hostname the machine
answers to, i've tried setting the DEFAULT_URL in Defaults.py (i know this
is a no-no, but i was curious), i've tried specifying it with the stated
required "/" on the end and without it, but it never seems to make a
difference.  can anyone tell me what i've done wrong?

--
jacob walcik
jwalcik at notwithstanding.org