[Mailman-Users] Recovering config.db

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Wed Aug 15 00:45:36 CEST 2001

On Tue, 14 Aug 2001 08:56:41 -0700
Andrew O Mellinger <andrew at criticalpath.com> wrote:

>     How do I go about rebuilding the two particular files? The
> list only had a few users which I can add manually, but I want to
> make sure I don't blow away old messages in the archives and that
> things are in correct sequence, etc.

Two possible routes:

  1) Rename the current list directory.  Create a new list with the
  desired name.  Move necessary files back and verify correctness
  (use ~/bin/config_list to verify).

  2) Create a temp new list.  Dump config.db with config_list.  Edit
  as appropriate.  Build new config.db for old list with edited
  version.

General observation: There's not much to be careful of here -- its
pretty simple obvious stuff really.  No, that doesn't mean you
shouldn't keep full backups and audit trails.

--
J C Lawrence                                    )\._.,--....,'``.