[Mailman-Users] (no subject)

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at VData.co.uk
Tue Aug 14 10:52:41 CEST 2001

On 10 Aug 2001 12:53:33 -0700, Tim Wall wrote:
> Everything seems to be running correctly. Meaning I get no errors but
> when I try to post a message it hits the server and goes through exim
> without problems. The problem is nothing happens after that.
> This also happens with using the e-mail subscribtion. It goes through
> exim and to the mail wrapper fine but after that nothing happens!

Have a look round in both the exim and the mailman logs.
However the most likely problem is that you do not have the cron jobs
set up for mailman.  You don't say what sort of system you are running
on, but on many types if you
	su - mailman
	crontab -l

you should see the cronjobs for that account - there should be quite a
lot of them.  If there aren't then push (a possibly lightly edited) copy
of the sample crontab into place.

	Nigel.