[Mailman-Users] NEW TO THE LIST WITH A TRILLION QUESTIONS, CA N YOU PLEASE HELP?

Enriko Groen enriko.groen at netivity.nl
Mon Aug 13 16:33:47 CEST 2001

See http://www.aurora.edu/~ckolar/mailman/

> 2.  i HAVE THE MAILING LIST ADDRESS AS FOLLOWS:  BLIND-ENTREP
> ... IT DOES APPEAR THAT mAILMAN does not LIKE THIS FORM OF
> ADDRESSING SCHEME.  iT KEEPS SETTING IT AS BLINDENTREP.  dOES
> mAILMAN NOT PERMIT THE USE OF DASHES AND UNDERLINE?

Mailman does allow that... at least the version (2.0.5) I am used to.

> 3.  hOW CAN i SET UP A spam filter?  fOR EXAMPLE, i do not
> WANT POSTINGS FROM A non subscriber GETTING TO THE list.  And
> I am thinking the USE OF A SPAM FILTER is the best way to go.
>  What say you all on this one?

Check the webinterface under Privacy options

> 4.  I would like the subject header to be preceded by
> [blind-entrep]:  Can this be done with Mailman?

This can be set through the webinterface. Have you played around with the
webinterface?!

> 5.  Does Mailman SUPPORT nomail like Majordomo and List Serve does?

Yes...

--
Enriko Groen, Hosting manager
netivity bv   www.netivity.nl   enriko.groen at netivity.nl
038 - 850 1000   van nagellstraat 4      8011 eb  zwolle