[Mailman-Users] Spam-specific filter question

Louiza louiza at home.com
Mon Aug 13 07:47:38 CEST 2001

Hi,

I have a discussion list of about 200 members. Reply to posts is set
to go to "This List". I have a list of 169 addresses that are
accepted to post. I am worried that I am misunderstanding this
setting in the "spam-specific filters area":

"Ceiling on acceptable number of recipients for a posting."

Would someone please tell me if I am misunderstanding this setting,
and if I am, would you please explain it to me. I have read the
explanation in the manual already, many times.

I think this setting has to do with limiting the number of
cross-posts that a member can make; in other words, they address
their post to my list, crimson at halfmoon.com, and to
orange at riverrun.com, and to blue at smallake.com. So if the ceiling is
set to "3", they are only allowed to cross-post to three lists. Is
this wrong?

Thanks!

Louiza