Fw: Re: [Mailman-Users] Problem to create list 2.1a2

Greg Ward gward at mems-exchange.org
Fri Aug 10 19:33:08 CEST 2001

On 10 August 2001, Rodolfo Pilas said:
> See now the error of test 3):
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./newlist", line 192, in ?
>     main()
>   File "./newlist", line 167, in main
>     sys.modules[modname].create(mlist)
>   File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/MTA/Postfix.py", line 134, in create
>     addlist(mlist, db, fp)
>   File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/MTA/Postfix.py", line 91, in addlist
>     print >> fp, '# CREATED:', time.ctime()
> TypeError: function requires at least one argument
>
> Now I understand a problem in MTA/Postfix.py

You haven't said which version of Python or which version of Mailman
you're using.  I suspect you're using Python 1.6, because time.ctime()
function changed somewhere between Python 1.5.2 and 2.1 so its arguments
are optional.  (If you were using Python 1.5.2, the "print >>" would
have causes a syntax error.)

I also suspect you may be using a Mailman 2.1 alpha, because there's no
MTA/Postfix.py in the Mailman 2.0.6 distribution I have here.

        Greg
Greg Ward - software developer                gward at mems-exchange.org