[Mailman-Users] This could explain some of My problems

Tim Roberts waterknot1 at mac.com
Tue Aug 7 06:06:06 CEST 2001

I decided to try to install Mailman again. This time I paid much closer
attention to the configure.
It is reporting the following:

checking for --with-username... sh: setgroups: Operation not permitted

This happens no matter if I'm root or not.
It (setgroups) doesn't exist in any directory on my machine.
Is it possible that the default uid is not being set correctly?
Perhaps Mac OSX uses a different command to accomplish this.
Likely through netinfo. But, before I go crawling down that hole does
anyone
know how this affects the install in general.

Thanks

Tim Roberts
Waterknot Productions
mailto:waterknot1 at mac.com