[Mailman-Users] Postfix error

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at Intechnology.co.uk
Mon Aug 6 11:15:30 CEST 2001

On 03 Aug 2001 13:34:31 -0400, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:
> We had the /exact/ same problem on mail.{python,zope}.org.  Mailman
> was basically blocked for about 12 hours then it suddenly started
> flowing again.  I was mightily confused, as it seemed to be Exim just
> being reeaalllllly slow in accepting connections (even from
> localhost).

If you get this with exim from RBL type lookups then you need to make
sure that exim is not doing RBL checks on your connections from mailman.

Generally best way to do this is to have this in your config:-

  rbl_hosts = !127.0.0.1:0.0.0.0/0

You can tweak this if there are other locally admined address sets that
you don't want to have checked in the RBL.

	Nigel.