[Mailman-Users] questions (probably FAQs)

Ricardo F. Kustner ricardo at rixhq.nu
Mon Aug 6 07:22:00 CEST 2001

On Sat, 4 Aug 2001 16:01:24 -0300 (EST)
<philsf at altavista.net> wrote:

> 1- How do I remove a list?

use ~mailman/bin/rmlist (run it w/o parameters to see the options)

> 2- How do I create a new list, in an automatic way? Maybe the web kind
> of
> admin? Is adding the lines manually to /etc/aliases the only way?

In the current stable version it is not possible to do... if you're a bit
patient, I understand that the new 2.1 version, which is heavily under
construction at the moment, will have this feature. If you want to prevent
to have to edit /etc/aliases, there are some tricks for qmail and maybe
some other mailers to automatically discover new lists w/o the need to
update new aliases... you may have to look into the mail archives for
that...

Regards,

Ricardo