[Mailman-Users] Re: email lists [Z4W4S7O]

dcoonley dcoonley at ix.netcom.com
Wed Aug 1 20:59:08 CEST 2001

I just wanted to re-state what Mark, my client sent you, for Mailman
support contact to come into the discussion. I am wondering if, with
both your expertise on this we can find some sort of solution for my
client. Perhaps a file import or integration with Outlook can be
accomplished to provide a degree of solution to his problem.

(Background for Mailmain support contact and see email history with Pair
support below my signature text.) I have a client that uses the Outlook
categories function and has only a couple of categories with no more
than 200 names in them that he regularly communicates with. Starting
Aug. 8, Verizon, his provider, will not let him use their mail server to
send mail with a non-Verizon domain in the sending email address -- he
wants to use his Web address in his email for business purposes
(mark at softwarefinace.org instead of mark at verizon.com).

Is there anyway Pair's Pair's mailing list service (using Mailman 2.0)
can permit him to maintain/edit/expand only the one list in Outlook and
use that list to send his mail through the Pair's mailing list service server?

Can he somehow perhaps integrate Mailman 2.0 with his Outlook software,
or import a file of his Outlook-based email lists?

The issue here is some way around manually typing in a new list for
something he already maintains in Outlook. A way to import the email
list file and then the periodic import of new files to overwrite the old
may be acceptable. (Certainly easier than  typing by hand.)

Any you already know, any help or quick action on this would be greatly
appreciated. He has an upcoming deadline of August 7.

Thank you --Dan

Dan Coonley
President
DJC Group
Communications for Print and Electronic Media

Phone: 301-585-1933
Fax:  301-585-1933
154 Fleetwood Terrace
Silver Spring, MD 20910-5511