[Mailman-Users] MX lookup failures blocking queue

J C Lawrence claw at 2wire.com
Thu Aug 2 21:10:51 CEST 2001

On Thu, 2 Aug 2001 11:38:39 -0700 (PDT)
William R Dickson <wrd at awenet.com> wrote:

> Hi all, There seems to be a little DNS weirdness going on today --
> a couple domains used by subscribers to my list can't be looked
> up.  Their local nameservers are timing out, so mailman is logging
> errors like so:

>      Can not check MX records for recipient host

This is an MTA configuration problem, not a Mailman problem.  You
have your MTA configured to do DNS lookups on receipt of messages.
That is both the source of the message and the source of the problem
(Mailman is merely repeating it into its logs).

--
J C Lawrence                                    )\._.,--....,'``.