[Mailman-Users] Using site password, can't see private roster

Greg Ward gward at mems-exchange.org
Wed Aug 1 22:49:00 CEST 2001

list is private -- for the list admin's eyes only.  I'm not the list
admin (ie. don't have the admin password for this list), but I do have
the site password -- I can (and do!) use it to access the admin pages
for this list, ie. /mailman/admin/mems-talk.

But when I try to access the roster page, /mailman/roster/mems-talk,
(after having already authenticated with the site password for the admin
page), it tells me

  "mems-talk subscriber list requires authentication."

Huh?  Isn't the authentication I did to access admin/mems-talk good
enough?  Is this one case where the site password isn't good enough and
I need the list password?  Or is it a bug?

This is Mailman 2.0.5 under Apache 1.3.19 on Debian Linux 2.2.

        Greg
Greg Ward - software developer                gward at mems-exchange.org