[Mailman-Users] Header Info on monthly password reminders

Sarah K. Miller techgrrl at beeze.com
Wed Aug 1 21:23:41 CEST 2001

Well, yes and no. As I said, mine has never been sent out from the first list I created. It was previously going out from one created "later" and then this last one went out from the most *recent* list I created (which was last week). I have done a bit of hunting and came up with these questions (which I sent to the list once before, but nobody knew the answer then either). Maybe somebody who knows the answer is here now??

I have a couple of questions about mailpasswds. First is about the section;

    # constrain to specified lists, if any
        confined_to = sys.argv[1:]

Does this mean I can specify which lists to send passwords for? If so, how do I include or exclude specific lists?

My second question is about:

   # Use this list for message delivery only
    a_public_list = None

Does this mean that I can specify which list on my system the monthly reminders appear to be coming from? If so, how?

Would these questions be better directed to the developers list or will I find basically the same people there that I find here??