[Mailman-Users] cgi-id apache install problem

Drew Krause drkrause at mindspring.com
Wed Aug 1 20:39:44 CEST 2001

I'm running into problems writing the config file for mailman-2.0.6,
getting the message below when I tried running a test list:

Failure to exec script. WANTED gid 99, GOT gid 48.  (Reconfigure to take
48?)

OK. The config program always seems to go to 99 for the cgi-group,
either when I use
"--with-cgi-id=apache" (from httpd.conf) or
"--with-cgi-id=48" (apache's number from /etc/group)

The relevant lines in the ./configure run are

checking for mail wrapper GID... 47
checking for CGI wrapper GID... 99

So what can I do here? Is there a manual override I can do in the
Makefiles? (The answer to this problem is not in the FAQ -- I've read
them!)

Any help appreciated!

Drew Krause