[Mailman-Users] Mail missing from archives. [Mailman-Users]

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Apr 30 14:33:30 CEST 2001

I'm trying to move couple of old majordomo lists over to Mailman, and I'd
like to copy across the archives too.

The lists I'm trying to convert are (now)

Unfortunately, I cannot persuade Mailman to produce archives for the old
messages correctly - many of the original mails are missing from the
archive produced.

I have a copy of the archives of the original list in mbox format. I have
tried piping each mail individually through 'post linux-mtd' with formail,
and I've tried just dumping the mbox file in
$prefix/archives/private/linux-mtd.mbox/linux-mtd.mbox and running
'arch linux-mtd'

Whatever I do, only some of the mails appear in the archive. See
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/ - the 'full raw archive'
contains all the mail it's supposed to, but the individual months' archives
are extremely sparse.

The host is a Red Hat 7.1 box, with the included version of Mailman -
'mailman-2.0.1-2'. Python '1.5.2-30' is installed.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug in in the archival code?

--
dwmw2