[Mailman-Users] Prohibiting Local Access to Archives

Dan Mick dmick at utopia.West.Sun.COM
Fri Apr 27 23:31:52 CEST 2001

It seems to me that changing the permissions on the files you want
to prevent access to anyone other than group mailman would be
sufficient, no?  Unless the process of adding to the files
automatically resets the permissions, in which case it's probably
the umask on the process creating them that needs to be set to 006
instead of 002.

Agreed?