[Mailman-Users] Prohibiting Local Access to Archives

Kenneth Jacker khj at cs.appstate.edu
Fri Apr 27 23:19:52 CEST 2001

This is the *third* letter I have written on the same topic.  Before I
give up and return to using Majordomo for certain lists, I am trying
one last time.

Is there a way to prohibit local users (with some knowledge of
Mailman's archive directory structure and naming conventions) from
seeing the contents of archived files?

I'd like to continue web-access to the archives for list members, but
prohibit access to local users on the Mailman "host machine". The fact
that ../mailman/archives/private/ has "drwxrws--x" permissions isn't
sufficient.

Attached below are my previous postings.

Thanks for any help!

Prof Kenneth H Jacker       khj at cs.appstate.edu
Computer Science Dept       www.cs.appstate.edu/~khj
Appalachian State Univ