[Mailman-Users] Problems With Users in Other Domain

Tercio Eulalio de A. Fonseca tercio at radix.com.br
Thu Apr 26 15:24:13 CEST 2001

Hi Mrs Murrain,

Michelle Murrain wrote:

> >     - The person outside my domain receive a error message that there
> > isn't a mailbox called listname at emailserver.mydomain.com.br

  This is the address sent by the e-mail program:
listname at emailserver.mydomain.com.br

> >      I am using qmail with virtual domain to the mailman domain
> > lists.mydomain.com.br.

  lists.mydomain.com.br is a CNAME to emailserver.mydomain.com.br

> This sounds like a qmail set up issue, which I am not familiar with. But it
> also might be an issue of whether or not the domain
> emailserver.mydomain.com.br is in your hosts table. Also, you said
> "lists.mydomain.com.br", then "emailserver.mydomain.com.br", then later again
> "lists.mydomain.com.br" So which is it? Is it possible that in Mailman you've
> set the domain to be "emailserver" but in qmail, or in your hosts table you
> have "lists"? In that case, I'm sure that qmail (and everything else) would
> barf.

   I configured the lists.mydomain.com.br like many others virtual domains thar I
have here.

> Michelle
> Michelle Murrain, Ph.D.
> President

|  Tercio Eulalio  - E-mail: tercio at radix.com.br |
|  Adm de Sistemas - RADIX -  www.radix.com.br   |
|  Fones: +55 (081) 3271.6235 / 9108-5640        |