[Mailman-Users] help installing Mailman

Michelle Murrain mpm at norwottuck.com
Thu Apr 26 14:07:18 CEST 2001

On Thursday 26 April 2001 05:05 am, Becky Wilson wrote:
> Where might I find someone to walk me through the set up of the program?
> I've read all the instructions and read me files, but I'm still lost.  I
> didn't realize it was going to *this* difficult!  Thank you for your time.

Well, first off, where do you feel stuck? What kind of system do you have,
and how are you thinking of installing it? I'm willing to help, but you need
to start somewhere.

The truth is, you do need a fair bit of basic understanding of Unix commands
and OS structure, how your mailer program works (sendmail/exim/postfix), how
e-mail in general works, as well as some knowledge of Apache, too. Without
this basic knowledge, installing and setting up Mailman might well be
impossible. I'd suggest if you don't have this knowledge, find someone local
who does, who can install it for you.

Michelle

--
Michelle Murrain, Ph.D.