[Mailman-Users] Configuration questions

Michael Neel neel at mediapulse.com
Wed Apr 25 08:00:26 CEST 2001

Hi all,

    I'm currently installing Mailman for announcement only "Newsletter"
style lists, and it will be used across several virt domains.  I have a few
questions that I haven't yet found the answer too...

    Where/Can you change the from/to address to display the name of the
list, rather than email address (i.e. have mailman build the from line in
the form of From: The List <list at list.org>)?  I have it set to hide the
sender, but I'd like to display a more "user-friendly" from and to address.

    Can you change the templates (such as the subscribeack.txt) on a per
list basis?

    I have my list setup in the normal way recommended for an announcement
only list (require admin approval, allow from these addresses) - but I'd
like to reject any posts not from select addresses automatically, and then
still require admin approval on those that can post.  This would prevent any
spoofing, and still give me a chance to defer the post and send it to some
one to proofread before it went out.

    Anything to be aware of with 100,000+ lists?

Thanks,
Mike