[Mailman-Users] Re: *Please* correct the GNU links (was Re: erroneous messages from 1ultram-admin at lists.1ultram.com)

Barry A. Warsaw barry at wooz.org
Tue Apr 24 14:08:26 CEST 2001

    BMK> I believe that I have mentioned to the GNU Mailman
    BMK> maintainers before about this issue, but I would like to
    BMK> reiterate it because I haven't heard anything back.

I don't remember specifically seeing a previous message, but I'm
definitely going to do something about this.  Trust me, I see tons of
these emails too. :(

The ultram1 people were particularly evil -- they used Mailman to
opt-out spam tons of people, then misconfigured the list so that
replies when back to the list membership, so those folks got
bombarded, and were rightfully pissed.

    BMK> Could you please add something to the bottom of each Mailman
    BMK> default page to note that the project links sponsor the
    BMK> software but are not related to the mailing list itself in
    BMK> any way?

I'm not sure how much that will help.  People will either not read
that or ignore it out of desperation.  I've been thinking the
sponsorship logos should remain, but should not be hyperlinked.

-Barry